European Quality Assurance in Vocational Education and Training (EQAVET) brings together the EU Member States, the Social Partners and the European Commission to develop and improve quality assurance in European VET systems within the context of the implementation of the European Quality Assurance Reference Framework by:
- Assisting the Member States in developing effective approaches to support the implementation of the Reference Framework
- Developing a culture of quality, to be embedded at European level and other levels with the help of the Quality Assurance National Reference Points and other Network members
- Supporting the Member States and the European Commission in the monitoring and implementation of the Reference Framework within the context of the Education and Training 2020 Strategy
- Supporting the quality assurance dimension of work in EQF and ECVET.
Through its activities, EQAVET tends to create a sustainable platform for quality assurance in VET on a European level which would enable:
- Sustainable cooperation among the Member states through exchange of information and experiences
- Promotion of the quality culture and the possibilities of its improvement
- Further development of common principles, reference criteria, indicators and tools for quality improvement in VET on the national, regional and local level
- Defining the reference criteria to be used in progress reports.
Published on: 23.06.2016